Tis the season-
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper- or maybe brown paper this year. I’ll make it festive!
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Real! I’m still not sure what’s better for the environment, but I know what smells better in our house!
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the first weekend of December- if I can get Ben to wait that long. He wants to pick up the tree on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner!
4. When do you take the tree down?
The first weekend after New Year’s.
5. Do you like eggnog?
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My first Nintendo when I was six, and a riding habit- I think I was 13.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
8. Easiest person to buy for?
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
No. I feel a little weird having baby Jesus in my house.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail- too bad I didn’t actually get them out this year. Maybe they’ll be new years cards!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Um- I’m not sure a gift could be bad! Oh- there was that year I got a change counter…
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Holiday Inn or Love Actually
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
This year it was yesterday- 12/22, but I started making my presents in September.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes, but it wasn’t something given to me. My mom’s a busdriver and she gets a lot of gifts from her kids- the kind of gifts that are easily regifted!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
oooh- I don’t know! Gingerbread! Or Peppermint Bark!
16. Lights on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
I really like Dominick the Christmas Donkey- is that weird? Probably Angels we have Heard on High or Away in the Manger
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Travel- Going to Jersey/ Pennsy this year!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
A star on my tree- angel on my parents’ tree
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Morning. Right after the stockings!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
How stressed out everyone gets. You can’t like- walk down the street without getting run over by someone finishing up their shopping.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
My favorite ornament was made by my grandmother who passed away when I was 10. It’s a sand dollar with a poinsetta painted on it.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
I don’t know… Everything is good. It’s kind of a problem.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Yarn! And Knitting books!
26. Lights, blinking or always on?
always on- though Ben likes blinking. I “can’t figure out how to make them do that”
This was stolen from Have Yarn will Sometimes Travel.